In the press conference, the General Director of TAK, Mr. Behxhet Haliti revealed revenues for the period January – July 2010, comparisons with previous years, the operational plan, revenue by type of tax, tax legislation, implementation of the cash register project, advancing the IT system (SIGTAS), establishment and consolidation of the Tax Investigation Unit, Approval of Strategic Plan 2010 – 2015, collection of debts trend , the professional standards activities, and the objectives and challenges for 2010, etc..
For the period January – July 2010 ATK has realized 131.03 million €, expressed in percentage it is 61% of the overall annual plan determined by the Government.
During the month of July 2010, TAK has realized 28.8 million. Euro, which is a significant increase of revenue for 3.6 million more than the
plan or, expressed in percentage , it is 14% more than the plan.
Revenue for this period of the year is greater for 14.82 million or 12.8% expressed in percentage compared to the same period of the last year (2009).
The key factors that have contributed to revenue increase are the following:
– Increased activities on field,
– Better communication with taxpayers,
– Increased cooperation with other institutions to implement the
Parallel to the activities to implement the plan during this period, there was done a diligent work in completing the tax legislation and other support acts. For a better implementation of the new legislative package, there was adopted the following Administrative Instructions:
– Administrative Instruction No. 08/2010, dated 30.07.2010, on implementing the Law 03/L-162 on Personal Income,
– Administrative Instruction No. 09/2010 ,dated 30.07.2010, on implementing the Law 03/L-161 on Corporate Income,
– Administrative Instruction No. 10/2010, dated 30.07.2010, on implementing the Law 03/L-146 on Value Added Tax, and
– Explanatory Public Memorandum No.. 01 / 2010 for reporting on purchases over € 500, according to which the taxpayers are required to create accurate reports on all their purchases with a value greater than 500 € and to report once a year TAK. The first report is expected to be submitted on the March 31, 2011 for the year 2010.
Regarding the cash register, there have been installed around 2000 fiscal electronic registers and the process has taken the right track and is moving into the second comprehensive stage.
Tax Administration, is carrying out its commitment which at any time and activity has a target to build a positive image that will be reflected on the taxpayer and all the people of Kosovo, to respect the rights of taxpayers under the Charter of taxpayers and ensure implementation and enforcement of fair and uniform tax legislation for all taxpayers, to expand the revenue collection to a greater number of taxpayers.
A proof for is also the following comparison: in 2008 only 50 businesses (or 50 top taxpayers) who paid the most taxes participated with about 68% of all revenues for TAK, in 2009 they participated with about 52%, and now in 2010, the top 50 largest taxpayers participate with about 47% of all payments to TAK.
Since July of this year, we started with downloading of all electronic remittances only from the Web site of TAK, which has many advantages in comparison with earlier printed remittances. Only in July, in this form, there were issued 61,716 remittances of all kinds.
Tax Administration of Kosovo, with its activities, is expanding the tax base to a greater number of taxpayers and is in the trend of increasing the number of businesses, to accomplish its mission of equal treatment of all taxpayers.
Since 01 / August 2010, we have installed the phone line – online, 0800/501-501 free of payment for citizens, taxpayers or various clients.
Challenges for Tax Administration of Kosovo
– Implementation of the revenue plan for 2010;
– Implementation of Performance and IT Strategy, according to the Strategic Plan 2010-2015;
– Implementation of electronic filing project;
– Working conditions (accommodation) for Pr1, Pr2, and LTU;
– Implementation of the cash registers project;
Re-establishment and modernization of IT.